Grayson is now six months old! It is crazy how fast time is flying. Here are a few updates and milestones:
•He can sit up on his own.•Still working on crawling, can “inch worm” to get stuff.•Can hold on to things and stand on his own.•Has tried avocados, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, butternut squash and broccoli. Loves everything!(I may not be able to cook, but I make some bomb baby food apparently)•Talks and laughs all day long.•Is obsessed with playing with Piper. •Loves to hold his own books when being read to. • Still taking naps and sleeping through the night…seems to love being on a schedule. •Can say “hi”, “momma”, and “dada”•He loves to cuddle and is a lover boy. •Current nicknames: Gray, Baby Gray, Bubbas, & Bubba bee.
I went ahead and put together a review of a few essentials that we loved during months three to six. Feel free to comment any additions and I will add them as well!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. My full disclosure can be found here.
The following are not in any specific order of significance.
- Sleep suit: This was great to transition out of the swaddle. Grayson has just recently grown out of it so we have transitioned to a sleep sack. He sleeps soundly through the night and according to our pediatrician, the sleep sack is safe for front or back sleep.
- Baby Foam Chair: We used this quite often to practice sitting up. We also brought it camping with us to feed him in.
- Walker: I recommend getting a walker that has an adjustable height. Grayson likes to go backwards in ours, because his feet don’t quite reach all the way. However, our friends have this one and he loves it!
- Activity Mat: We have been using this since Gray was a newborn. I love the colors of it!
- Activity center: My grandma got this for Grayson for Christmas and he is obsessed. We also have brought this camping. It is perfect to place them in when you are cooking. It is super light weight and easy to take apart. The base allows them to practice their balance and it also converts to a table as they grow out of it.
- Teething toys: You will need plenty of teething toys during this stage and this is by far Grayson’s favorite. It even cleans his little gums when he is using it.
- High chair: Since they start solids at this age, having a high chair is crucial. This one cleans off so great and has various adjustments for growth.
- Oatmeal: This is the oatmeal we started Grayson on. We chose this because of its superior health ratings. He has has no problems with it and I love that it has probiotics. These are the bowls, spoons, and bibs we prefer.
- Baby Food Blender: If you are planning on preparing your own baby food, this is awesome. You could also use a food processor as well. Other than the baby food I prep on my own, we also have tried these baby food items, and love them!
- Car seat: This is the car seat we upgraded to after his newborn one. All the padding zips off and it is machine washable!
- Hard cover books: Grayson is obsessed with his books and loves being read to. He also loves to hold the book as we read to him. Luckily I have a few of his books memorized, so I just have to turn the pages while he holds them.
- Jumper: Although we don’t have a jumper, Grayson loves using our friends. This sure helps with all the energy these little ones have.
- Baby carrier: I use my baby carrier for everything! It is one of my go-to’s when grocery shopping. I also use this lightweight stroller. Both are so convenient and I always keep them in the car because you never know what adventure you may run into!
Let me know some of your other favorites in the comments below!